Friday, March 1, 2019

TBR | March 2019

How is it March already?!?!  This year is flying already!!  I will be participating in the Buzzword ReadAThon this month and I will have that TBR put very soon.  I'm hoping to get to some historical fiction this month after reading The Nightingale I need more in my life right now.  Here are the book I plan to get to:



The Girl They Left Behind by Roxanne Veletzos | This book is about a family saga and love story about a unique portrayal of life in war-torn 1941 Bucharest and life behind the Iron Curtain during the Soviet Union occupation.  Natalia must make an agonizing decision: remain in Bucharest with her beloved adoptive parents and the man she has come to love, or seize the chance to finally live life on her own terms, and to confront the painful enigma of her past.  I've heard amazing reviews of this book so I'm looking forward to this one.

As Bright as Heaven by Susan Meissner | Another historical fiction but this one is set in 1918 during the Spanish flu epidemic.  We are introduced to the family before the flu hits, we experience the epidemic with them and then discover how life goes on once the flu is gone.  I love reading about medicine or anything science based and this one is right up my alley!

Stain by A.G. Howard | I didn't get to this last month so I still want to read this.  This is a retelling of The Princess and the Pea.  A princess is incapable of speech or sound she is cast out of her kingdom of daylight by her wicked aunt, a witch saves her life, steals her memories, and raises her in an enchanted forest and disguised as a boy known only as Stain.  Yes, this sounds soooo good!  


The Wicked King (The Folk of the Air #2) by Holly Black | This is the sequel to The Cruel Prince, which I read in February and really liked.  The first book is about three sisters who are taken to the Fae world after their parents are murdered.  Jude and her twin sister Taryn are humans living in the Fae world and the Fae do not like them, especially Prince Cardan and his friends.  I excited to find out what will happen with Jude and Cardan.  

 The Heart of Betrayal (The Ramnant Chronicles #2) by Mary E. Pearson | This is the sequel to The Kiss of Deception which I also read in February and really really liked.  Princess Lia is suppose to marry a prince from another kingdom and she doesn't want to marry anyone she doesn't love.  She runs away from home with her friend to another village, where they settle in and no one knows her.  The prince she was suppose to marry and an assassin that her father hired go and find her in the village.  She doesn't know who they are and she starts falling for one of them.  Really excited to read this one and continue on in the series.  

The Similars (The Similars #1) by Rebecca Hanover | This is book is about clones and a boarding school.  Sounds super interesting!!  


Lost Roses by Martha Hall Kelly | I read Lilac Girls and fell in love with that story so I was super excited to find out this author wrote another book and couldn't wait to get my hands on this book.  This book is about three indomitable women from St. Petersburg to Paris under the shadow of World War I.  Can't wait to read this one!!

The Beantown Girls by Jane Healey | This book is about three woman who join the Red Cross to help the soilders during WWII.  Another historical fiction I can't wait to read!  

Are any of these books on your TBR?  Have you read any of these books?  Let me know in the comments!! 

4 comments

  1. I saw you read The Nightingale recently. Have you read her newest one, The Great Alone? I just finished it and it was SO good!

    I hope you enjoy the other WWII historical fiction. I also liked Lilac Girls. It's so easy to find fiction in that time period, but some of it is better than others. It's such an interesting time period to explore. I also liked The Taster by VS Alexander and The Alice Network by Kate Quinn. I have reviews of both on my blog, if you'd like to check them out.

    Thanks for joining our linkup! Hope to see you next time. I'm glad I found your blog :)

    - Megan @ The Hungry Bookworm
    www.hungry-bookworm.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I haven't read the The Great Alone yet. I have it on my must read this year list though, so hopefully I'll get to it soon! I read other Kristin Hannah books and I just adore her writing so much!

      I agree WWII is definitely a interesting time period, very sad but very fascinating. I'll have to look into The Taster and I have The Alice Network on hold at the library, so hopefully I can get to that soon! I will definitely check them out on your blog! Thank you!!

      Thank you for inviting me to the linkup and I will definitely join next month!

      Delete

© Kendra Loves Books. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.