Thursday, March 14, 2019

Mini Review | The Cruel Prince (The Folk of the Air #1) by Holly Black



Three sisters are taken to the Fae world after their parents are murdered.  Jude and her twin sister Taryn are humans living in the Fae world and the Fae do not like them.  The High King is ready to step down and he must choose who will become king of his six children.  Prince Cardan is the youngest, he and his friends likes to make Jude's life a living hell.  

This book took a bit for me to start enjoying. I thought the beginning was super info dumpy and I felt like the world wasn’t described very well, like it was hard for me imagine. But once I got past the first quarter of the book I flew through the rest of it. I loved all the action towards the end and I really liked Jude and Cardan a lot! I also thought Oak, Jude's little brother was adorable. I’m really anxious to see what happens in The Wicked King!




Have you read The Cruel Prince?  What did you think?  Let me know in the comments!

2 comments

  1. I see this book everywhere, everyone keeps saying I need to read it. I just haven't gotten around to it.
    I've only ever seen good things though, so that's good!

    Ash @ JennRenee Read

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm actually so so about the series. I feel like the series is overly hyped. The ending is what makes the books and keeps me reading!

      Delete

© Kendra Loves Books. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.