Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Mini Review | Our Year of Maybe by Rachel Lynn Solomon



Peter and Sophie have been friends since childhood.  Peter has suffered from a kidney disease since he was a child and he was put on the transplant list.  Sophie finds out she is a match and she wants to donate one of her kidney's to Peter.  After the transplant Sophie feels like her secret crush with Peter will develop into something more, but Peter meets Chase and he starts liking him.  Peter is torn between hurting Sophie and following his heart with Chase.

I really liked the character development throughout this book, the toxic friendship with Peter and Sophie was done very well.  Sophie was borderline obsessed with Peter and she didn't have any other friends besides him.  I loved the exploration of Peter figuring out that he was bisexual.  I thought Peter and Chase's relationship was adorable!  I loved that Peter was able to live his life the way he wanted to.  I also really liked the family dynamic in this book, sometimes you don't get alot of family dynamics in YA novels.  Overall, I really enjoyed this book and definitely recommend!




Have you read Our Year of Maybe?  What did you think?  Let me know in the comments!

Post a Comment

© Kendra Loves Books. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.