Friday, May 3, 2019

Mini Review | An Ember in the Ashes (An Ember in the Ashes #1) by Sabaa Tahir



Laia's brother is imprisoned by the Martials.  She meets up with the Resistance who her parents used to work for and asked them to help her free her brother.  She becomes a spy slave for them at a school where they train the Martials to become soldiers.  She learns that being a slave at the school is very brutal and it may kill her.  At the school she meets Elias, and he wants out of the school.  They discover together that they need each other in order to survive.

I absolutely loved this book!  I could not put it down and I was soo excited to be in this world! The book is action packed and there was never a dull moment.  I loved the two main characters Laia and Elias and I also liked the secondary characters.  This book had so much dept and the world building was great!  There were definitively some very brutal parts of the book and honestly that's what made this book so good, the author put everything out there and never left you guessing or assuming what happened.  I highly recommend this book if you are into fantasy!  This was by far my favorite book of the month!!  So damn good!!




Have you read An Ember in the Ashes?  What did you think?  Let me know in the comments!

2 comments

  1. I am glad you liked this one! i remember feeling like it didn't live up to all of the hype, which I think ruined it for me, because I wasn't the biggest fan.
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww that's a shame!! Sometimes when a book is super hyped you go into with super high expectations!

      Delete

© Kendra Loves Books. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.