Friday, May 24, 2019

Mini Review | The Girls at 17 Swann Street by Yara Zgheib



Anna Roux was a professional dancer who followed the man of her dreams from Paris to Missouri. There, alone with her biggest fears - imperfection, failure, loneliness – she spirals down anorexia and depression till she weighs a mere eighty-eight pounds. Forced to seek treatment, she is admitted as a patient at 17 Swann Street, fragile women with life-threatening eating disorders live. Together, they must fight their diseases and face six meals a day.  

This book was soo powerful and heart wrenching! This is about a woman who suffers anorexia and is sent to a home to help get her better. You learn how she she got there and how she suffers through the disorder and every step of the way you are rooting for her to get better. I was amazed at how many calories they were feeding the girls.  Her husband plays a huge roll in her life and honestly if it wasn't for him I don't think she would of survived. I loved the format of this book and the different mixed media throughout it. This was a very emotion book and I really liked it! This was by far my favorite book of the month!!  




Have you read The Girls at 17 Swann Street?  What did you think?  Let me know in the comments!

6 comments

  1. Oh wow! I definitely have to try this one out then! I hadn't heard of it before. Glad you enjoyed it!
    Genesis @ Whispering Chapters

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, a book you should definitely check out! Soo good!! =)

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a very intense read. Is it fiction or non fiction?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is fiction. Yeah it was definitely a intense read!

      Delete
  3. I know a book is good when an author can bring up so many of my emotions. This story sounds very powerful, and I can see why it was your favorite book of the month. The mixed media sounds like it would add something extra special and unique to the story as well. Great Review Kendra!

    Lindy@ A Bookish Escape

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yeah I'm soo glad I picked this one up!!

      Delete

© Kendra Loves Books. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.