Saturday, May 18, 2019

Mini Review | The Wicker King by K. Ancrum



August and Jack have an intense relationship.  Jack starts experiencing hallucinations that are caused by a mental illness and August tries to help him through it.  Jack's mental illness continues to worsen throughout the book and he starts making up a fantasy world that puts both boys in danger.  

I thought this book was incredibility strange and weird.  I also wasn't a fan of the writing, which could of been a huge factor in why I didn't connect with the characters.  The chapters were super short and clunky.  I really think if the writing was better I would of enjoyed the story better.  So disappointing!!




Have you read The Wicker King?  What did you think?  Let me know in the comments!

2 comments

  1. Aw, I loved this one. Sorry it didn't connect with you!!

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete

© Kendra Loves Books. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.