Thursday, May 30, 2019

TBR | June 2019

June is going to be a super busy reading month.  There are 4 readathons that I am interested in and I think I am going to try and participate in all of them.  I need a good push to read more!!  This TBR isn't any of my readathon TBR's I will have separate TBR's for those when they get closer.  Here are some of the books I hope to get to:




Wicked Saints (Something Dark and Holy #1) by Emily A. Duncan | A girl who can speak to gods must save her people without destroying herself.  A prince in danger must decide who to trust.  A boy with a monstrous secret waits in the wings.  Together, they must assassinate the king and stop the war.  I heard this was a dark gothic fantasy and I am totally down for that!! 

Night Music by Jenn Marie Thorne | Ruby Chertok future classical pianist, heir to the Chertok family legacy, daughter of renowned composer Martin Chertok.  Oscar is a wunderkind, a musical genius.  I love books about music, especially a pianist.  I use to play for years and stopped in college.  I really need to play again, anyway I really excited to get to this one.

Girls on the Verge by Sharon Biggs Waller | A powerful, timely coming-of-age story about a young woman from Texas who goes on a road trip with two friends to get an abortion.  This book sounds very powerful and an important read.  I really hope I can get to this one.


All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr | A blind French girl and a German boy whose paths collide in occupied France as both try to survive the devastation of World War II.  This is my bookclub's book pick.  I've heard amazing things about this historical fiction.

Next Year in Havana by Chanel Cleeton | After the death of her beloved grandmother, a Cuban-American woman travels to Havana, where she discovers the roots of her identity and unearths a family secret hidden since the revolution.  I think I've had this on a TBR before and I really just need to read this!!

A Court of Mist and Fury (A Court of Thorns and Roses #2) by Sarah J. Maas | I will be continuing my reread of this series.  I'm loving it!!

Are any of these books on your TBR?  Have you read any of these books?  Let me know in the comments!! 

4 comments

  1. When I get through my June ARCs, I am reading Night Music. It sounds so good. Next Year in Havana was so, so good. I was really impressed by this book. I had enjoyed Cleeton's contemporary romances, but didn't think I would feel the some about a historical. I was wrong.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen very many people talk about Night Music, so I'm excited to read it!! I like Cleeton's romances too!!

      Delete
  2. Four readathons... you’re going to be a reading beast! :) I’ve been meaning to read All the Light We Cannot See for ages but it just hasn’t happened yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm crazy I know! LOL I've had All the Light We Cannot See on my shelves for a while!

      Delete

© Kendra Loves Books. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.