Saturday, April 27, 2019

Mini Review | The Similars (The Similars #1) by Rebecca Hanover



Emma attends an elite boarding school called Darkwood Academy.  Over the summer her best friend Oliver commits suicide and Emma is devastated.  When she returns back to school in the fall, her and her classmates learn that 6 clones or similars will be attending, as well.  One of the clones is Oliver and Emma wants nothing to do with the similars, but she keeps getting dragged into their clique and starts finding out dark secrets involving the similars.  

I really enjoyed this book I was drawn in because of clones and boarding school.  As I was reading I was not aware that this was also a mystery and I really enjoyed that aspect of the story.  I wouldn't even know what to do if I was Emma and my dead best friend's clone shows up at school, that would be soo incredibility weird!!  And just interacting with him would be soo strange not only does he look like your best friend but his personality is completely different.  I loved the plot twist it was really well done and I can't wait to read the sequel when it comes out!  




Have you read The Similars?  What did you think?  Let me know in the comments!

2 comments

  1. That would definitely be a difficult situation (the best friend clone thing), which is why it sounds like such a great premise! Glad to hear the book was so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it was a great debut for sure! I can't wait for the sequel to come out!

      Delete

© Kendra Loves Books. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.