Friday, April 26, 2019

Mini Review | The Girl They Left Behind by Roxanne Veletzos



In 1941, Bucharest, Romania, a little Jewish girl is found left abandoned on the steps of a apartment complex after her parents flee.  She is taken to an orphanage where she is adopted to a loving couple and they name her Natalia.  The book goes on about Natalia's upbringing while living in Romania during WWII.  A family friend of her father's, Victor has a big impact in Natalia's life.  

The first half of this book was soo good and engaging and I was very interested in the story line.  However, the second half of the book was soo rushed and I felt like it was missing huge plot points.  The book would skip multiple years and it was hard to stay connected to the story.  I felt Victor and Natalia's relationship wasn't believable at all.  I also felt like this book could of been so much more if it was written more clearly and not so many plot holes.  Natalia is actually the author's mother, which I though was really interesting, but overall I felt the book was lacking.  




Have you read The Girl They Left Behind?  What did you think?  Let me know in the comments!

2 comments

  1. I hate it when a book is great and then sort of flops. I might still check this one out though. Thanks for sharing!
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete

© Kendra Loves Books. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.