Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Most Disappointing Books of 2018

Here are the ten books that I didn't like or were really disappointed with.  Some of these are books that people have loved, but I just didn't vibe with them.  


An American Marriage by Tayari Jones | I hated this book, the writing was horrible and didn't flow at all!!  I honestly don't understand why people loved this book!  The premise of the book sounded super interesting and right up my alley, but unfortunately there was no plot at all!!  I hated all the characters and didn't connect with any of them!

Bring Me Back by B.A. Paris | I loved all of B.A. Paris's other books, so I was super excited to read her newest book, but unfortunately it fell flat.  The major twist wasn't as shocking as I wanted it to be.  This book was just okay, but I will be reading this author in the future.

To All the Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han | I'm sure I will get a lot of crap for not liking this book, but I didn't like the writing at all.  I honestly didn't like the main character, the fake relationship was soo annoying.  I liked her little sister Kitty way better.  Although, I LOVED the movie, it was sooo freaking good.  I honestly think the writing is what killed this book for me.


The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson | This author is super hyped and I was excited to give her books a try, unfortunately this was the first one I tried.  I felt the main character was super childish and annoying.  The love triangle was horrible and unnecessary, I don't mind love triangles if they are done good.  And on top of the horrible love triangle there was insta love.  The troupe I absolutely hate, I don't understand how you can fall over heels in love with someone in just three days.  I will give her other book a try, because it is some of people's favorite book.

Sometimes I Lie by Alice Feeney | This was probably the worst thriller I read this year.  I think I'm just over the whole in a coma troupe, it gets soo repetitive.  This book was just meh, there are soo many great thrillers out there, I wouldn't waste your time on this one.

Sweet Filthy Boy (Wild Seasons #1) by Christina Lauren | I read one of Christina Lauren's book this year and LOVED it and I was excited to read some of their other books.  I picked this one up hoping to love it, but I honestly was soo bored half way through and I ended up skimming the last forth of the book.  I didn't like the chemistry of the relationship at all.  I'm not sure if I will continue in the series.


The Wicked Deep by Shae Ernshaw | Another hyped book that I didn't like.  This book was pitched Practical Magic meets Hocus Pocus, uh hello I'm in!!  I loved the historical portion of this book about the three sisters who the town thought were witches.  The loved the atmospheric feel of the book.  But I hated the relationship it was annoying and unnecessary.  I think if the relationship wasn't in the book I would of loved it way more and probably would of been one of my favorite books.  

The Wedding Date by Jasmine Guillory | The first quarter of the book was really cute and I liked the fake dating troupe.  But honestly the book was too PG, I wanted soo much more from this book.  This book was just meh and I really haven't felt the urge to pick up her newest books.

There you have it my most disappointing books of 2018.  Did you read any of these books?  Did you have the same or opposite opinion?  Let me know in the comments!

Post a Comment

© Kendra Loves Books. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.