Thursday, January 17, 2019

Favorite Adult Books of 2018

I have decided to break down my favorite books into YA, adult and romance, because it was just too hard to compile on one favorites list.  I read way too many good books this past year.  Here is a list of my favorite adult books of 2018.


The Stolen Marriage by Diane Chamberlain | I loved this historical fiction centered around the polio epidemic.  The main character is in a loveless marriage and really wants to use her training in nursing.  I flew through this book it was soo interesting with the polio aspect and the relationships were soo well developed.  Loved this book!

The Good Daughter by Karin Slaughter | This was a very dark thriller, when I read it I was like WTF did I just read.  Very graphic!!  I love thrillers and this one was sooo damn good!!  I can't wait to dive into more Karin Slaughter.

The Broken Girls by Simone St. James | This was a perfect October read.  It was a creepy ghost story with some historical fiction mixed in.  It was also revolved around a boarding school!  I definitely recommend reading this around Halloween time!!


The Smell of Other People's Houses by Bonnie-Sue Hitchcock | This centered around four teens and go through similar hard lessons.  This book is also set in Alaska during the 1970's.  A very heartwarming book that is a must read!

An Unwanted Guest by Shari Lapena | This was a good winter thriller!  This is set in a lodge where the guests get snowed in and more and more people are being found dead.  I loved the mystery around this book!  I highly recommend!

Bad Mommy by Tarryn Fisher | This book was soo crazy and dark and I freaking loved it!  This was a crazy crazy ride, if you love books about sociopaths and psychopaths this book is for you!!


Girls Burn Brighter by Shobha Rao | This book follows two young woman from India and their devastating struggles throughout their life.  This book was absolutely heartbreaking, it was soo hard to read.  This was a debut novel and I can't wait to read Shobha Rao's next novel!!

Love and Other Words by Christina Lauren | I never cried soo hard in a book in my life!  This was probably one of the best second chance romances I have ever read!  The love story between the two main characters was remarkable!  This is a must read love story!!

These are my top adult books I read in 2018.  Did you read any of these?  Let me know in the comments!!

Post a Comment

© Kendra Loves Books. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.