Wednesday, January 2, 2019

January TBR

First TBR of 2019!!  I'm so ready for a new reading year!  One of my main goals is to not stress out about reading and just read things I want to read.  Last year I tried to read as many 2018 releases as I could and it got really overwhelming.  So this year I am not going to read as many new releases and focus more on older backlisted books.  This month I will participating in two readathons, NewYearsAThon and the Buzzword Readathon

Here are the books I plan to get to in January:


Salt to the Sea by Ruta Sepetys | This is an historical fiction set in WWII.  It follows three individuals from East Prussia, whose paths converge en route to the ship that promises salvation.  I really think I will fall in love with this book.

The Winter People by Jennifer McMahon |  In 1908, a woman is found dead behind her house just months after her daughter's tragic death.  Then we jump to present day where two sisters are living in the same house as the woman that was found dead in 1908.  One of the sisters disappears and the other sister in searching for clues finds a mysterious diary that is linked to the woman in 1908.  This premise sounds really intriguing.  

The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid | This is about a woman and her life story and her seven different husbands.  I have heard nothing but great things about this book and I'm really excited to finally get to this.


The Young Widower's Handbook by Tom McAllister | This is about a happily married couple and his wife dies tragically.  The only way for the husband to move on is to head west.  I'm picking this one up on a whim and it sounds very heartbreaking.

Everything We Keep (Everything #1) by Kerry Lonsdale | This is about a woman whom's fiance vanishes in a boating accident.  After the accident she finds secrets that will question everything about her life.  I love thriller/mystery and this one sounds really good.

Radio Silence by Alice Oseman | This is about about becoming who you want to be, even if you don’t know who that person is yet.  A lot of people say this is one of their must favorite contemporary books of all time, so I'm excited to get to this one this month.


The Wife, the Maid, and the Mistress by Ariel Lawhon | This is a historical fiction set in the 1930's.  A judge steps into a New York cab and is never heard from again.  I love historical fiction and mystery, so this one sounds amazing!

The Last Time I Lied by Riley Sager | This is about four girls who went camping and three of them left in the middle of night and never came back.  I've been meaning to get to this one since last year.

Are any of these books on your TBR?  Have you read any of these books?  Let me know in the comments!!  

Post a Comment

© Kendra Loves Books. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.