Monday, January 21, 2019

Mini Review | Made You Up by Francesca Zappia


First of all, this cover is absolutely stunning little did I know what was actually inside.  Alex is diagnosed with schizophrenia at a very young age.  Throughout her whole life she has had to question if everything is a hallucination or reality.  When Alex was younger she met a boy at a supermarket and then later on she meets him again.  Their connection and his loyalty to her is so amazing, he understands her diagnosis and doesn't judge her or mistreat her because of it.  

There's a part in the book where I do not agree with Alex's parents, it was pretty frustrating when I learned what they did.  I liked the schizophrenia rep in this book, I found it very fascinating.  At times I didn't know if what was going on was real or not.  Overall, I really liked this book and I am really interested in reading Eliza and Her Monsters by Francesca Zappia, too.  I definitely recommend this book!



Have you read Made You Up?  What did you think?  Let me know in the comments!

Post a Comment

© Kendra Loves Books. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.