Tuesday, July 2, 2019

Top 5 Books I Read in Spring


Here are the top 5 books I read in the spring:



The Girls at 17 Swann Street by Yara Zgheib | This book was soo powerful and heart wrenching! This is about a woman who suffers anorexia and is sent to a home to help get her better. You learn how she she got there and how she suffers through the disorder and every step of the way you are rooting for her to get better. I was amazed at how many calories they were feeding the girls. Her husband plays a huge roll in her life and honestly if it wasn't for him I don't think she would of survived. I loved the format of this book and the different mixed media throughout it. This was a very emotion book and I really liked it!

The Last Letter by Rebecca Yarros | This book was the most emotional book I have read in a really long time.  It literally broke me I cried throughout the whole entire book.  Beckett and Ella are the cutest couple ever!  I love them both soo much!!  I couldn't imagine losing your family.  My brother is in the military and it is just hard when they are gone.  I also loved Ella's kids they were soo adorable.  Oh and Beckett has a dog that he brought back from overseas and OMG the bond they share is incredible.  The ending of this book I never cried soo much!  I honestly still can't believe that ending I am still crushed to this day.  If you want an emotional read this one is for you, but you definitely need to be ready!  Highly recommend this book!  I loved every page of it!! 

My Lovely Wife by Samantha Downing | The premise of this book had me hooked, I absolutely loved this one!!  Probably one of the best thrillers I have read so far this year!!  I don't to give too many details away, but this was amazing!  I flew through it and there were soo many twists and turns throughout the book.  And that ending OMG I loved it!!  I highly recommend this one if you are into thrillers!! 

Long Shot (Hoops #1) by Kennedy Ryan | This probably was one of the hardest books I have read in a very long time.  Although it had alot of very graphic abuse this was a great story and I have thought about this book alot over the last month since I read it.  Iris is one strong woman and she deserves all the happiness in the world!  Iris and August's romance was soo sweet he was soo kind to her and literally gave her the world!  This is one of the best romance novels I have read in a very long time!  Loved it!  

A Court of Thorns and Roses (A Court of Thorns and Roses #1) by Sarah J. Maas | This is a reread for me and I still loved it!  I loved seeing Feyre and Tamlin's relationship because when I read the second book boy did my feelings change for Tamlin.  In this book I honestly really loved Tamlin and Feyre's relationship.  I loved how Tamlin made Feyre feel and they way he treated her, especially when he went and got her paint supplies so she could paint.  I also loved seeing where Rhysand came into play and when I read this the first time I did not care for Rhysand at all, but this time around I see where he was coming from and my love for him now continues.  I really enjoyed reading this the second time it was alot of fun!  Again this series is probably one of my favorites of all time!! 

Have you read any of these?  What are your top 5 books you read in the spring?
 

10 comments

  1. I even pre-ordered The Last Letter and still haven't read it. I'm going to have to pysch myself up for it. The Long Shot was just... phenomenal. Loved it so, so much despite being a tough read at times. And I just never get tired of ACOTAR. It's funny to reread it now, knowing how much things change in the following books.
    Tanya @ Girl Plus Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You need to read it, but make sure you are ready because it will break your heart multiple times. Have you read the rest of the Hoops series? I love ACOTAR too it's just soo good!!

      Delete
    2. Yep, as soon as I finished Long Shot, I binged Block Shot and Hook Shot. Became an instant fan of Kennedy Ryan! :)

      Delete
    3. I need to read the rest the series soon!! =)

      Delete
  2. I have read and loved The Last letter and ACOTAR!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Long Shot was so emotional, but it's what I have grown to expect from Ryan. I read the first three books, and am really enjoying the series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really need to continue on in the series. Is the rest of the series as emotional as the first book?

      Delete
  4. I still need to read A Court of Thorns and Roses! I've only heard amazing things about the series. Clearly, they're right, because you took the time to re-read the first book. ;)

    Lindsi @ Do You Dog-ear? 💬

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you do!! It's soo good perfect amount of fantasy and romance!!

      Delete

© Kendra Loves Books. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.