Saturday, July 6, 2019

Monthly Wrap-Up | June 2019

I did not have a good reading month at all.  I only read 5 books and listened to 1 book.  I went through a pretty big slump and I read some terrible books.  I also read three 5 star books and they were all sooo good!!  And it is safe to say I am officially out of my reading slump!  YAY!!  

Monthly Stats




Books





You'd Be Mine by Erin Hahn | I was not a huge fan of this book.  There was a part about Columbus, OH and the geography was wrong and it really annoyed me.  I also found the characters quite boring and I didn't like the romance at all.  The only aspect I liked was the country music.  This was a huge letdown!!

Red, White & Royal Blue by Casey McQuiston | Oh man I am a huge unpopular opinion on this one.  I didn't like the politics of this at all.  There was sooo much in it!  To me politics is super dry and boring.  I did think the romance was cute.  I think if there was more romance and less politics I would of liked this one soo much more.  

Us (Him #2) by Sarina Bowen & Elle Kennedy | I loved the conclusion to this one sooo much!  I love Jamie and Wes to freaking pieces!  Highly recommend this series!  

Long Shot (Hoops #1) by Kennedy Ryan |  This probably was one of the hardest books I have read in a very long time.  Although it had alot of very graphic abuse this was a great story and I have thought about this book alot over the last month since I read it.  Iris is one strong woman and she deserves all the happiness in the world!  Iris and August's romance was soo sweet he was soo kind to her and literally gave her the world!  This is one of the best romance novels I have read in a very long time!  Loved it! 

The Unhoneymooners by Christina Lauren | This book was sooo good!  The concept was great and the romance was amazing and it was soo funny!!  I usually never laugh out loud in books and this one definitely had me laughing!  This was a hate to love and fake dating/fake marriage troupe and those are my favorites to read about!  I flew through this one!  Highly recommend if you are into rom-coms!  

Audio Books



The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald | I hated this soo much!  I found the first 3/4 of the book incredibly boring and literally nothing happened.  The only reason I finished this is because I read it in high school and I thought I liked it when I read it then, but I was clearly wrong.  

Have you read any of these books?  Any of these on your TBR?  Let me know in the comments!!

6 comments

  1. Coincidentally, June was a super slow reading month for me, too. No real bad books but I was just reading so slowly. One book alone took me almost 2 weeks to get through... even though I liked it! Weird. I've actually read 4 out of the 5 you read which is so wild! Us and Long Shot were also 5 star reads for me. The Unhoneymooners was 4.25-4.5. And Red White & Royal Blue was the one that took me almost 2 weeks even though I liked it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It took me awhile to get through Red, White and Royal Blue too! It was just an okay read for me!

      Delete
  2. I read 4/5 of the books in the top picture, and I enjoyed them all. Kennedy Ryan is killing it with that series. I didn't even really like the hero in the second book, but I still loved the book. CLo are fabulous, and Olive and her family were such a hoot. I liked RW&RB more than you, but I did wish there was a little bit less politics, especially at the end, and more of the romance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to finish out the Hoops series! I loved The Unhoneymooners I laughed soo much! Yes, if there was more romance RW&RB would of been soo much better!!

      Delete
  3. Congrats on getting out of the slump! Now I need to find a way to get out of mine. I hope you’re having a great July.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope you can get out of yours soon! Being a slump is horrible!!

      Delete

© Kendra Loves Books. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.