Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Mini Review | Every Heart a Doorway (Wayward Children #1) by Seanan McGuire


Nancy arrives at Eleanor West's Home for Wayward Children, where all the children have gone to different magical places through doors for just them.  Most of the children there must learn that they may never be able to go back to their magical place that a door may never appear again.  The children learn to cope with the real world since their travels.  But since Nancy arrives tragedy strikes in the worst way.  

I loved this one!!  I loved the different worlds that each of the students traveled too and getting a glimpse of what they experienced there.  I also loved the diversity, there was soo much of it!  I was pleasantly surprised by the mystery aspect in this book and loved that about the book.  There was soo much packed into this novella that there was never a dull moment!  I highly recommend this one!  




Have you read Every Heart a Doorway?  What did you think?  Let me know in the comments!

4 comments

  1. Those different worlds sound interesting! Sounds like a solid read!
    Genesis @ Whispering Chapters

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it was really good! I can't say so for the second book! LOL

      Delete
  2. I've heard so many raves for McGuire but have yet to read anything by her. I love the premise of this one! Glad it was such a hit for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have read a few things by McGuire and her writing is very interesting!

      Delete

© Kendra Loves Books. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.