Wednesday, June 26, 2019

Mini Review | Girls with Sharp Sticks (Girls with Sharp Sticks #1) by Suzanne Young



The Girls of Innovations Academy are beautiful and well-behaved, it says so on their report cards. Under the watchful gaze of their Guardians, the all-girl boarding school offers an array of studies and activities, from “Growing a Beautiful and Prosperous Garden” to “Art Appreciation” and “Interior Design.” The girls learn to be the best society has to offer. Until Mena starts to realize that their carefully controlled existence may not be quite as it appears.

I devoured this book!  I love books about boarding schools, so I was super eager to get to this one and boy am I glad that I did.  Mena and her friends are forced to act like ladies and do anything that men ask of them.  The poor girls were drugged to act that way and they were soo manipulated!  I love how Mena stood up for her and her friends and realized what the heck was actually going on in the school.  The ending was AMAZING and I was not expecting it at all!!  I can't wait for the sequel to come out!!  I highly recommend this one if you like books about boarding schools.




Have you read Girls with Sharp Sticks?  What did you think?  Let me know in the comments!

4 comments

  1. Oh wow, this novel would probably make me mad at the way the girls would be treated. I'm glad to know the ending was good!
    Genesis @ Whispering Chapters

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely worth the read, it was really good!

      Delete
  2. My best friend just read this and the whole collection of Susan Young books and she is completely obsessed! I like the feminist tones of this book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read anything else from Suzanne Young and I am definitely interested in looking at her backlist of books. =)

      Delete

© Kendra Loves Books. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.