Tuesday, June 11, 2019

BuzzwordAThon TBR | June 2019

I want to participate in the BuzzwordAThon and this readathon is hosted by booksandlala.  This readathon takes place from June 12th - 18th.  The only reading challenge for this readathon is to have the word you or any variation of you in the title.  I have a few books picked out that I am interested in reading.  I'm hoping to read at least three of these. Here are the books that I have picked out:




I Wish You All the Best by Mason Deaver | When Ben De Backer comes out to their parents as nonbinary, they're thrown out of their house and forced to move in with their estranged older sister, Hannah, and her husband, Thomas, whom Ben has never even met. Struggling with an anxiety disorder compounded by their parents' rejection, they come out only to Hannah, Thomas, and their therapist and try to keep a low profile in a new school.  I'm really excited to read this one!! 


You Must Not Miss by Katrina Leno | Magpie Lewis started writing in her yellow notebook the day her family self-destructed. That was the night Eryn, Magpie's sister, skipped town and left her to fend for herself. That was the night of Brandon Phipp's party.  Now, Magpie is called a slut whenever she walks down the hallways of her high school, her former best friend won't speak to her, and she spends her lunch period with a group of misfits who've all been socially exiled like she has. And so, feeling trapped and forgotten, Magpie retreats to her notebook, dreaming up a place called Near.  I loved Katrina Leno's book Summer of Salt so I was super excited when this book came out!!

I Know Who You Are by Alice Feeney | Aimee's husband goes missing and she finds out that $10,000 is missing from their bank account.  I have heard that the ending of this book is soo disturbing and I was completely intrigued.  I need to know what is soo bad about the ending.  


Dating You Hating You by Christina Lauren | Despite the odds against them from an embarrassing meet-awkward at a mutual friend’s Halloween party, Carter and Evie immediately hit it off. Even the realization that they’re both high-powered agents at competing firms in Hollywood isn’t enough to squash the fire.  But when their two agencies merge—causing the pair to vie for the same position—all bets are off. What could have been a beautiful, blossoming romance turns into an all-out war of sabotage.  I love Christina Lauren so I'm excited to get to this one.

You'd Be Mine by Erin Hahn | Annie Mathers is America’s sweetheart and heir to a country music legacy full of all the things her Gran warned her about. Superstar Clay Coolidge is most definitely going to end up one of those things.  But unfortunately for Clay, if he can’t convince Annie to join his summer tour, his music label is going to drop him. That’s what happens when your bad boy image turns into bad boy reality. Annie has been avoiding the spotlight after her parents’ tragic death, except on her skyrocketing YouTube channel. Clay’s label wants to land Annie, and Clay has to make it happen.  I love country music so I think I'm going to love this one!  

Are you participating in the BuzzwordAThon?  If so, what are you reading?  Let me know in the comments!

4 comments

  1. I just started listening to the audiobook of I Wish You All the Best and it’s already breaking my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have some really great picks up there. I have read You'd Be Mine (loved it!), and Leno and CLo are always good for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You'd be mine is on my wishlist. It sounds so good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like a fun readathon! Since having kids, I haven't been able to participate in them, because I can't dedicate an entire day to reading, haha. You'd Be Mine was really good, and I've been hearing wonderful things about I Wish You All the Best! Good luck!

    Lindsi @ Do You Dog-ear? 💬

    ReplyDelete

© Kendra Loves Books. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.