Thursday, August 8, 2019

Mini Review | Down Among the Sticks and Bones (Wayward Children #2) by Seanan McGuire


1.  Every Heart a Doorway ★★★★★

This is a standalone/prequel to the first book in the series Every Heart a Doorway.  This follows Jack and Jill in their magical world before they went to the Eleanor West’s Home for Wayward Children.  

I was really excited to learn more about the doors each of the children went to before they went to the Home for Wayward Children.  However, I felt like the world building was super lacking.  I wanted to know more and I felt like in a way it was kind of vague in description.  I did like how the characters were well developed.  I am glad the twins figured out who they wanted to be, despite what their parents made them do.  I do not agree with parents who make their children wear only pink and play with barbies or to wear only blue and play with matchbox cars.  You should be able to wear whatever you want and play with whatever toy you want, despite the gender identities/roles.  I loved Jack the best and her relationship is so dang cute!  I will definitely continue on in the series!! 




Have you read Down Among the Sticks and Bones?  What did you think?  Let me know in the comments!

Post a Comment

© Kendra Loves Books. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.