Tuesday, August 13, 2019

Mini Review | The Last Letter by Rebecca Yarros

Ella's brother Ryan is serving in the military overseas and he thinks that Ella needs a penpal.  So Ryan's friend Beckett and Ella start writing each other.  Ryan loses his life overseas and his last letter is to Beckett telling him to take care of Ella and her kids.  But after Ryan dies Beckett stops writing to Ella because he feels guilty that it was his fault that Ryan died.  When Beckett finally goes to see Ella he doesn't tell her who he is.  

This book was the most emotional book I have read in a really long time.  It literally broke me I cried throughout the whole entire book.  Beckett and Ella are the cutest couple ever!  I love them both soo much!!  I couldn't imagine losing your family.  My brother is in the military and it is just hard when they are gone.  I also loved Ella's kids they were soo adorable.  Oh and Beckett has a dog that he brought back from overseas and OMG the bond they share is incredible.  The ending of this book I never cried soo much!  I honestly still can't believe that ending I am still crushed to this day.  If you want an emotional read this one is for you, but you definitely need to be ready!  Highly recommend this book!  I loved every page of it!!




Have you read The Last Letter?  What did you think?  Let me know in the comments!

1 comment

  1. I actually pre-ordered this one. Mainly because it sounded like such a "me" book and one that I would love. But also because the pre-order came with a bonus book co-written by Rebecca Yarros and Jay Crownover. And even though the book was in my hands on release day... I still haven't read it! Every time I think about picking it up I'm like, "I'm not emotionally ready yet!" Reading your review puts it back on my radar and has me wanting to jump into it soon. As long as I'm stocked up on tissues!

    ReplyDelete

© Kendra Loves Books. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.