Friday, April 19, 2019

Mini Review | The Wicked King (The Folk of the Air #2) by Holly Black


1.  The Cruel Prince ★★★★

Since this is a sequel, the synopsis of the first book is about three sisters are taken to the Fae world after their parents are murdered.  Jude and her twin sister Taryn are humans living in the Fae world and the Fae do not like them.  The High King is ready to step down and he must choose who will become king of his six children.  Price Cardan is the youngest, he and his friends likes to make Jude's life a living hell.  And this book is the continuation of Prince Cardan and Jude.  

I am definitely the minority for this one!  I wasn't a huge fan, I thought the first half of this book was super boring.  But the author sure knows how to suck you in for the next book because the endings are great!  I will continue and read the next book, but if the pacing is off again I don't know if I'll read anything else by Holly Black.  




Have you read The Wicked King?  What did you think?  Let me know in the comments!

2 comments

  1. I'm sorry this one wasn't a better read for you! I really enjoyed it, even when Jude started getting on my nerves. I know she's playing a dangerous game, but she became reckless and a little cruel herself. She needs to retain her humanity while playing games with the fae. However, like you said...that ending! I cannot wait to see where the story goes from here. Anything is possible!

    Lindsi @ Do You Dog-ear? 💬

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I honestly think it's Holly Black's writing that I can't fully connect to the story, which is a bummer because this series has a great plot line. Ill definitely be reading the third book for sure!! =)

      Delete

© Kendra Loves Books. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.