Thursday, August 15, 2019

Mini Review | A Curse So Dark and Lonely (Cursebreakers #1) by Brigid Kemmerer

Prince Rhen is cursed by a powerful enchantress to repeat the autumn of his eighteenth year thought he could be saved easily if a girl fell in love with him. But that was before he turned into a vicious beast hell-bent on destruction. Nothing has ever been easy for Harper. With her father long gone, her mother dying, and her brother constantly underestimating her because of her cerebral palsy, Harper learned to be tough enough to survive. When she tries to save a stranger on the streets of Washington, DC, she's pulled into a magical world.  Harper doesn't know where she is or what to believe. A prince? A curse? A monster? As she spends time with Rhen in this enchanted land, she begins to understand what's at stake. And as Rhen realizes Harper is not just another girl to charm, his hope comes flooding back. It will take more than a broken curse to save Harper, Rhen, and his people from utter ruin.  

I didn't like the first half of this book at all!  Harper was thrown into this magical place and she was not distraught about it at all.  If I was her I would be freaking out and demanding where I was and to take me home immediately.  I also felt like Harper was super stubborn and kind of stupid putting herself in danger all the time.  I also thought Harper was a super unlikable character and I really didn't like Rhen either.  My favorite character by far was Grey, he was so loyal and charismatic. I started really enjoying the book about mid way through and that ending WTF!!  I can't wait to read the companion to this series!




Have you read A Curse So Dark and Lonely?  What did you think?  Let me know in the comments!

1 comment

  1. I had this book on-hold for months now. I think I stopped at the part where Harper was in the castle? Palace? All I remember was her meeting with Rhen and I just stopped there. I do agree that it's a slow start though but I did find it interesting enough to keep going. However, I did put it on-hold because I haven't been feeling fantasy for a while but I do intend to finish this. So far, the feedback's good for this book. And great review, very clear and straight to the point!

    ReplyDelete

© Kendra Loves Books. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.