Monday, May 6, 2019

Most Anticipated YA Reads | May 2019


Here the books that I am interested in that come out in May:


Aurora Rising (The Aurora Cycle #1) by Amie Kaufman & Jay Kristoff | 5/7/2019 | Sci-Fi, Space, Squads

We Hunt the Flame (Sands of Arawiya #1) by Hafsah Faizal | 5/14/2019 | Fantasy, Ancient Arabia, Magic

Dark Shores (Dark Shores #1) by Danielle L. Jensen | 5/7/2019 | Fantasy, Pirates, Meddling Gods


The Candle and the Flame by Nafiza Azad | 5/14/2019 | Fantasy, Magic, Fiercely Independent Women

Romanov by Nadine Brandes | 5/7/2019 | Fantasy, Spells, Magic

With the Fire on High by Elizabeth Acevedo | 5/7/2019 | Contemporary, Cooking, Tough Decisions


Nocturna (A Forgery of Magic #1) by Maya Motayne | 5/7/2019 | Fantasy, Latinx-Inspired, Face-Changing Thief

I Wish You All the Best by Mason Deaver | 5/14/2019 | Contemporary, LGBT, Coming Out

The Kingdom by Jess Rothenberg | 5/28/2019 | Sci-Fi, Immersive Fantasy Theme Park, Murder


Red, White & Royal Blue by Casey McQuiston | 5/14/2019 | Contemporary, LGBT, Politics 

Stepsister by Jennifer Donnelly | 5/14/2019 | Fantasy, Retelling, Ugly Stepsister

Symptoms of a Heartbreak by Sona Charaipotra | 5/21/2019 | Contemporary, Medical Doctor Prodigy, Heartbreak


The Wise and the Wicked by Rebecca Podos | 5/28/2019 | Magical Realism, LGBT, Death

Fake It Till You Break It by Jenn P. Nguyen | 5/28/2019 | Contemporary, Romance, Enemies to Lovers, 

We Contain Multitudes by Sarah Henstra | 5/14/2019 | Contemporary, LGBT, Pen Pal


Birthday by Meredith Russo | 5/21/2019 | Contemporary, LGBT, Bonded for Life

These Witches Don't Burn (These Witches Don't Burn #1) by Isabel Sterling | 5/28/2019 | Fantasy, LGBT, Witches

Are any of these books on your radar?  Do any of these books sound interesting?  Let me know in the comments!

12 comments

  1. Red, White and Royal Blue was awesome. Hope you enjoy it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't wait to get my hands on it!! Thank you!! =)

      Delete
  2. Aurora Rising and Romanov are two books I've been eyeing. And OMG Stepsister release this month! I need that book!
    Genesis @ Whispering Chapters

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great books coming out this month!! Can't wait!! =)

      Delete
  3. I pre-ordered Red, White & Royal Blue and can’t wait to have it in my hot little hands. :) Do you ever get that feeling that you’re just going to love a book? Yeah, that’s how I feel about RW&RB. I recently saw a favorite BookTuber absolutely rave about Birthday so that one is definitely on my radar, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I finished Aurora Rising the other day. It started out really strong, then it got a little weird, but I still enjoyed it. There are several more up there on your list that I am interested in for sure. The Candle and the Flame has a gorgeous cover.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like I'm going to go into Aurora Rising thinking it's going to be similar to The Illuminae Files and I know it has nothing to do with it. But I still can't wait to see what Jay Kristoff and Amie Kaufman come up with!! =) I agree The Candle and the Flame does have a beautiful cover!!

      Delete
  5. I am so excited for Red White & Royal Blue, in addition to so many others on this list. Thanks for sharing!
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  6. Romanov is right at the top of the list for me!

    ReplyDelete

© Kendra Loves Books. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.