Friday, May 17, 2019

Mini Review | You'll Miss Me When I'm Gone by Rachel Lynn Solomon



Eighteen-year-old twins, Adina and Tovah have nothing in common.  Adina is a viola prodigy and Tovah is waiting on her acceptance into John Hopkins to becoming a surgeon.  Their mother was diagnosed with Huntington's Disease and the girls watch as their mother deteriorates.  The girls take a genetic test to see if they have the disease, as well.  You learn that one of them has it and one of them doesn't.  

This book was sooo good!  It was soo heartbreaking looking at the way the disease can affect someone's life and then knowing that you will eventually go through the same thing as your mother is absolutely awful!  The two sister's were horrible to each other, but the family dynamic is really what made this book amazing!   I learned so much about Huntington's and also about the Jewish culture.  There is also another huge part of this story that was done soo well, I don't really want to say anything because it may give some spoilers.  Overall, I could not put this book down, it was really captivating and I highly recommend this book!!  




Have you read You'll Miss Me When I'm Gone?  What did you think?  Let me know in the comments!

4 comments

  1. I swear, Solomon is all about the pain and heartbreak. Both her books left me in a puddle. The premise of this book was wow! I seriously have no words. It was definitely a page turner, and so many feels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I totally agree!! I can't wait to see what she comes out with next!!

      Delete
  2. I hadn't heard of this novel nor this author! I literally came into this post because I saw it was a 5-star read for you. Tbh, I don't know much about Huntington's disease. But I'm glad this book was able to explore that and really give an insight to it.
    Genesis @ Whispering Chapters

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This book was really good! I definitely recommend giving this author a shot!! =)

      Delete

© Kendra Loves Books. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.