Thursday, May 23, 2019

Mini Review | The Huntress by Kate Quinn



This book was told in three different perspectives. Jordan a 17-year-old living in Boston post WWII whom loves photography.  Her father recently marries and Jordan isn't too fond of her new stepmother and she thinks she is hiding something.  Nina who is a pilot during WWII in Russia and joins an all-female bomber crew.  And then there's Ian who is married to Nina and is tracking down war criminals post war.  One specific war criminal he is tracking down is a woman called The Huntress, who killed his brother in particular and also children.  

I really liked how the three stories intertwined, but I knew who The Huntress was in like first 20 pages and I felt like the mystery behind it was kind of a let down.  The book was entirely too long 500+ pages and it took me over a week to read.  Now I didn't hate this book and I didn't love it.  It was just an okay book.  Nina's story was pretty fascinating and there was a Russian fairy tale that I found interesting.  Jordan and Ian were okay story lines nothing fantastic.  Overall, if this book was shorter and a little bit more suspenseful I think I would of loved this one. 




Have you read The Huntress?  What did you think?  Let me know in the comments!

2 comments

  1. WOW... so many pages an yet the mystery was so wimpy. I'm not sure I could have struggled through the whole thing. YOU GO!! Hahaha I'm trying to DNF more but its not really in my DNA. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL yeah I should of totally DNFed this one. I have been getting better with DNFing, I use to never do it. I just don't want to waste my time. To many good books out there!

      Delete

© Kendra Loves Books. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.