Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Mini Review | Salt to the Sea by Ruta Sepetys



This book follows four characters during WWII, who are all trying to seek freedom on the Wilhelm Gustloff.  I found the story very powerful and very enlightening.  I never knew about the sinking of the Wilhelm Gustloff.

I loved the historical aspect of this book, however I did not connect to the characters like I wanted to.  I think the main problem was you were following too many characters to really connect with them.  There was just something missing besides not connecting to the characters that I cant put my finger on.  I could definitely tell this was a YA novel, it definitely read like it.  I also found the first 20 pages were super confusing, I kept getting the characters mixed up.  However, good historical novel, I recommend if you want to read something from WWII that isn't set around concentration camps.



Have you read Salt to the Sea?  What did you think?  Let me know in the comments!


Post a Comment

© Kendra Loves Books. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.