Wednesday, January 30, 2019

TBR | February 2019

I plan on participating in the ContemporaryAThon in February and I will have a separate TBR for that coming very soon.  I have some really exciting books I want to get to this month.  Although February is a great month to read contemporary I am in such a fantasy mood so I have picked out a few to read this month.  Here are the books I plan to get to:



The Cruel Prince (The Folk of the Air #1) by Holly Black | I know I know I still haven't read The Cruel Prince, I think last year I started it and I just wasn't in the mood for it.  But I'm ready now and I'm also buddy reading this so that's more of a push to read it.  All I know it's about Fae and I'm totally here for that!

Girls of Paper and Fire (Girls of Paper and Fire #1) by Natasha Ngan | I have heard nothing but great things about this book!  Each year, eight beautiful girls are chosen as Paper Girls to serve the king. It's the highest honor they could hope for and the most cruel.  But this year, there's a ninth girl. And instead of paper, she's made of fire.  Yes, this sounds sooo good and the cover is beautiful!!

Hunted by Meagan Spooner | I have had this book on my shelf for a while and it looks like a perfect winter read.  This is a Russian version of Beauty and the Beast retelling.  I love Beauty and the Beast retellings so yeah can't wait!!


Stain by A.G. Howard | This was a January 2019 new release and the cover is stunning!!  This is a retelling of The Princess and the Pea.  A princess is incapable of speech or sound she is cast out of her kingdom of daylight by her wicked aunt, a witch saves her life, steals her memories, and raises her in an enchanted forest and disguised as a boy known only as Stain.  Yes, this sounds soooo good!  

Our Year of Maybe by Rachel Lynn Solomon | This is another January 2019 new release that I'm dying to get to!  This is about an aspiring choreographer Sophie who would do anything for Peter, he’s been on the kidney transplant list as long as she’s known him. Peter, a gifted pianist, is everything to Sophie: best friend, musical collaborator, and secret crush. When she learns she’s a match, donating a kidney is an easy, obvious choice. She can’t help wondering if after the transplant, he’ll love her back the way she’s always wanted.  This sounds very hard hitting and I'm totally ready!

Blanca & Roja by Anna-Marie McLemore | I got this book last year and I wanted to read it soo bad and I honestly don't know why I never got around to it.  This is a retelling of Snow White and Rose Red.  It is about two sisters, who were born into a family where each generation of women birth two girls.  And one of them gets taken away by swans after her fifteenth birthday. Many sisters form a rivalry, so that the swan will pick the other one, but these sisters want to trick the swans into not knowing which one to pick, therefore, hopefully picking neither.  Sounds sooo good!!



This Savage Song (Monsters of Verity #1) by Victoria Schwab | We are reading this for my book club on Goodreads:  Coffee Break.  I have also had this book awhile so now is no better time than to get to it so I can discuss it with other people.  This is about a city that is outrun by monsters.  All Kate wants is to be as ruthless as her father, who lets the monsters roam free and makes the humans pay for his protection. All August wants is to be human, as good-hearted as his own father, to play a bigger role in protecting the innocent, but he’s one of the monsters. One who can steal a soul with a simple strain of music.  This sounds soo intriguing.  

The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah | I am FINALLY getting to this book and I know it is going to wreck me!  I'm also buddy reading this one!  This book follows two sisters during WWII.  I am soo ready for this!!  

Are any of these books on your TBR?  Have you read any of these books?  Let me know in the comments!!  


Post a Comment

© Kendra Loves Books. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.