Sunday, January 13, 2019

Favorite YA Books of 2018

I am finally going to tell you what my Favorite YA Books of 2018 are.  I read some really incredible books and it was really hard to narrow it down to only 10.  These books are in no particular order.




A List of Cages by Robin Roe |  This book blew me away, it was emotional and extremely powerful.  I loved the friendship and the meaning of family in this book. I read this book at the beginning of 2018 and it has stayed with me throughout the year.  

Say You'll Remember Me by Katie McGarry | I loved this YA romance to pieces and it had one of my favorite troupes of forbidden romance in it.  I loved how the main couple is finding themselves while also developing their relationship.  

The Belles (The Belles #1) by Dhonielle Clayton | The first thing that drew me in was how beautiful the cover is, absolutely stunning.  Not only did I love the cover, but the story was stunning as well.  The description of the world was soo well done that I felt like I was in the world with them.  I'm dying to read the next book in the series.


Stay Sweet by Siobhan Vivian | When I picked up this book I thought it was going to be a cute little summer fluffy romance book.  Not only was it that but sooo much more.  I loved the history behind the ice cream stand and the female friendships.  

Girls Made of Stars by Ashley Herring Blake | This book was soo powerful it literally string me in all directions.  Who do you believe your brother or your best friend?  Absolutely heart wrenching!!

Summer of Salt by Katrina Leno | This is probably one of my all time favorite books and I really want to reread it again.  Sooo atmospheric and whimsical this book made me fall in love with magical realism.  This book is a must read for everyone!!  


Neverworld Wake by Marisha Pessl | What would you do if you lived the same day over and over again?  The story is very captivating and definitely sucks you in.  Soo good!!

The Selection (The Selection #1) by Kiera Cass | Yup I finally read The Selection and I'm trash.  Seriously why did I like this soo much, oh probably because I love The Bachelor.  SMH!!

Dry by Neal Shusterman & Jarrod Shusterman | The events in the book is something that could really happen in our era.  The wells dried up and there was no water left in California.  The extremes people would do just to get a drink of water is crazy!  


Little Do We Know by Tamera Ireland Stone | This book was sooo incredibly beautiful.  It's all about friendships and watching these characters grow was soo breathtaking.  

These are my top YA books I read in 2018.  Did you read any of these?  Let me know in the comments!!



Post a Comment

© Kendra Loves Books. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.