Friday, June 7, 2019

Mini Review | The Wartime Sisters by Lynda Cohen Loigman



Two sisters Ruth and Millie are raised in Brooklyn.  Ruth is the older dull sister and Millie is the younger beautiful sister.  Their parents treat them differently and Millie is the favored sister.  This puts a huge strain on the sisters relationships.  The girls grow up and get married.  Ruth gets married to a scientist who works at the Springfield Armory.  Millie also gets married but is married to someone completely opposite her mother wanted her to marry.  Millie eventually goes to Springfield to live with her sister to escape her marriage.  

I really enjoyed this one. I love the family aspect and the drama between the two sisters. I also loved where this book mainly took place in Springfield, MA.  I learned that was where the Springfield guns were assembled and the women were the ones working there while the men were off at war very fascinating! Overall, I really like this book and I highly recommend it!




Have you read The Wartime Sisters?  What did you think?  Let me know in the comments!

Post a Comment

© Kendra Loves Books. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.