Friday, April 12, 2019

Mini Review | Kingdom of Needle and Bone by Mira Grant


Dr. Isabella Gauley's niece is the first confirmed case of Morris's disease, which is similar to measles.  This virus is spreading because of anti-vaccinators.  Morris disease is spreading very quickly and killing thousands of people.  Dr. Isabella Gauley wants to help eradicate this disease.

I found this book very fascinating and I'm very glad I read it.  I feel like this book could definitely happen in the world today because of the anti-vaccinators.  You need to vaccinate your children so the healthy children and people that are immunocompromised can't get viruses or other diseases.  But since we are in a place where people don't vaccinate their children, they are actually causing more problems because of the herd immunity, which is the resistance to the spread of a contagious disease within a population that results in a sufficiently high proportion of individuals that are immune to the disease, especially through vaccination.  This book definitely isn't for everyone, but I found it very fascinating and accurate since I am in the microbiology field.




Have you read Kingdom of Needle and Bone?  What did you think?  Let me know in the comments!

2 comments

  1. The cover looks so cool!! Definitely unique and out there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! But the cover really doesn't have anything to do with what the book is actually about.

      Delete

© Kendra Loves Books. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.