Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Something New: Tales From a Makeshift Bride by Lucy Knisley

Something New: Tales From a Makeshift Bride 
Lucy Knisley
Published May 3rd 2016 by First Second
Genres:  Graphic Novel, Adult, Nonfiction, Memoir

Summary:

A funny and whip-smart new book about the institution of marriage in America told through the lens of her recent engagement and wedding…. The graphic novel tackles the all-too-common wedding issues that go along with being a modern woman: feminism, expectations, getting knocked over the head with gender stereotypes, family drama, and overall wedding chaos and confusion.

Add to Goodreads




My Thoughts

This a memoir about Lucy meeting her husband and her wedding and everything up to that.  I honestly thought this was really boring.  Although there were some points where I agree with Lucy, when I was planning my wedding.  I did like the facts about different cultures and their wedding traditions.  Overall, this book was meh for me.  Not really exciting at all!

Rating


Post a Comment

© Kendra Loves Books. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.