Tuesday, March 13, 2018

February 2018 Wrap-Up

I had another AMAZING month of reading!  I read 11 books and they were all really good.  I read six 4 star books and four 5 star books!!  This month I read a lot more contemporary romance books and I loved them!!  I started following more romance bloggers and I believe I will start reading a lot more romance books.  


Monthly Stats


The Books

Vanishing Girls by Lauren Oliver - This was my least favorite book of the month.  I feel like it was your standard thriller, nothing special.  There was one really good plot twist, that was unexpected.  I really liked Lauren Oliver's writing, it was really easy to read. 

I Am Not Your Perfect Mexican Daughter by Erika L. Sánchez - I learned a lot about Mexican culture, which was really fascinating.  I did not like the main character Julia, she was really whinny and annoying.  I feel like she did grow as the book went on and it made me enjoy the book a lot more.  

If I Was Your Girl by Meredith Russo - This was the first book I've read about a trans main character and this book is also a own voices.  The main character Amanda goes through so much in her young life to just be who she wants to be and some people may not get it or understand.  I feel like I learned a lot about the experiences Amanda had to go through to becoming a woman.  

Meet Cute by Various Authors - This is a short story collection about "how they first met."  My favorite stories were Click by Katharine McGee, The Way We Love Here by Dhonielle Clayton, The Dictionary of You and Me by Jennifer L. Armentrout and 259 Million Miles by Kass Morgan.  I really liked this short story collection!

Every Heart a Doorway (Wayward Children #1) by Seanan McGuire - This was a really fun and short read!  I thought the premise was really interesting with different doors being different worlds that you can be pulled into.  I also liked the mystery aspect of the book, although I did guess who the killer was.  Overall, really good book and I can't wait to dive into the next book in the series.  

Love, Life, and the List by Kasie West - What a cute dang book!!  Kasie West does the cutest contemporaries! 

Punk 57 by Penelope Douglas - This book is about two pen pals that have been writing each other for years.  When Misha and Ryen meet, Misha doesn't tell Ryen who he is and he is a complete dick to her.  The angst in this book is insane!! I really really liked this book!!  

The Names They Gave Us by Emery Lord - I usually tend to not read anything dealing with religion, however this book was soo worth it!  I can deal with religious topics as long as it's not preachy.  With that being said the main character went to a camp for troubled kids, usually she goes to a church camp where her father is a preacher.  I loved the family and friendships throughout this book.  The story was heartbreaking and beautiful.  Loved it!!

The Ones Who Got Away (The Ones Who Got Away #1) by Roni Loren - This book involves two characters that were survivors of a school shooting and they come back to the school 12 years later for a documentary.  Liv and Finn had a secret relationship in high school and then they see each other again after 12 years and their chemistry is insane!  I loved Finn's back story soo much, he is an undercover FBI agent.  I loved their relationship soo much!   This book definitely made me cry!!  Loved this book and I can't wait to read the sequel!!    

The Hating Game by Sally Thorne -  The hype on this book did not disappoint!  I loved Lucy and Josh and they had such amazing chemistry!  I loved the hate to love relationship between the two.  Josh was sooo mean to Lucy, but of course he secretly was attracted to her.  I definitely recommend this book I loved it!  I can see myself reading this book multiple times.  

A Thousand Boy Kisses by Tillie Cole - I honestly have never cried to sooo much in a book in my life.  There was a point where my tears where literally dripping on the pages.  I cried throughout this whole book and you even knew what the outcome was going to be!  I absolutely recommend this book the relationship throughout this book is sooo amazing and beautiful!!  This was by far my favorite book of the month. 

What all did you read in February?  Did you have a good month of reading?  Let me know in the comments!!


                 


Post a Comment

© Kendra Loves Books. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.