Monday, July 24, 2017

Everything Everything by Nicola Yoon

Everything Everything
Nicola Yoon
Published September 1st 2015 by Delacorte Books for Young Readers
Genres:  Young Adult, Contemporary, Romance

Summary:

My disease is as rare as it is famous. Basically, I’m allergic to the world. I don’t leave my house, have not left my house in seventeen years. The only people I ever see are my mom and my nurse, Carla.

But then one day, a moving truck arrives next door. I look out my window, and I see him. He’s tall, lean and wearing all black—black T-shirt, black jeans, black sneakers, and a black knit cap that covers his hair completely. He catches me looking and stares at me. I stare right back. His name is Olly.

Maybe we can’t predict the future, but we can predict some things. For example, I am certainly going to fall in love with Olly. It’s almost certainly going to be a disaster.

Add to Goodreads
My Thoughts

I really enjoyed this book! I loved the unique format of this book, the doodles, book reviews, lists, etc. I literally read this book in a day, it was that good. The writing was great and easy to read.

Maddy has a rare disease, where she can not leave her house and for people to come to her house, it is quite an ordeal to come inside. So Maddy literally has no social life until a boy moves in next door, Olly. They start Iming each other, where they realize that they want to meet each other in person. Maddy's mother will not allow Maddy to have any friends over, whatsoever, but Maddy's nurse allows Olly to come over. When they meet in person for the first time, it was sooo adorable. They continue seeing each other, behind Maddy's moms back. 

Maddy decides her and Olly are going to explore the world despite her mother's wishes and her illness. When Maddy falls ill, she learns something quite significant to her illness. The ending of this book made me sooooo mad. I can't believe the suffering one person must go through, to have to protect your family in a way like that!!

Loved this book and I can not wait to see the movie!!!

My Rating

Post a Comment

© Kendra Loves Books. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.