Saturday, December 30, 2017

January TBR

Wow, where did 2017 go?!?!  I am super excited for 2018, I know there are a lot of exciting things in store for me and my family this coming up year!  I am really excited for my reading year and the great books that are coming out in 2018.  I have a couple of challenges that I will be participating in for the full year, the first one is a list of 2018 new releases that I really want to read, so I am challenging myself to read all of those on this list.  I will link the post about what books I want to read here:  New 2018 Release TBR Challenge  The other challenge is to read 52 (one each week) of books that I owe on my shelves.  I tend to read more books from the library (which is great) than books on my own shelves.  I also want to participate in a read-a-thon each month.  The read-a-thon that I will be partcipating in for January is the Bout of Books 21.  I will link the read-a-thon here:  Bout of Books 21

Here is a list of the books I really want to get to:

 

Wild Beauty by Anna-Marie McLemore | First of all, this cover is gorgeous.  I have heard soo many great things about this book and I can't wait to dive in.  This is a magical realism book about a girl who helps a mysterious boy piece together his past.  

The Nowhere Girls  by Amy Reed | And again another gorgeous cover!  This is about three girls who come together to avenge the rape of a fellow classmate.  

A List of Cages  by Robin Roe | I have wanted to read this books since it came out last January.  This is about a boy who tracks down his foster brother from five years ago.  This book has amazing reviews!



Wonder by R.J. Palacio | Since the movie has come, I guess I really need to read this now.  This is about a boy who has a facial deformity and he goes to school for the first time.  I heard this book is heart-wrenching!  

Beautiful Broken Things  by Sara Barnard | Another beautiful cover!  This is about two best friends that are inseparable until another girl comes into their lives and causes trouble.

Winter Garden by Kristin Hannah |  I love Kristin Hannah and I want to read all of her books this year, so here is the first one I want to get to.  This is an adult contemporary about about two sisters who are very different have to come together when their father is on his deathbed. 


Unravel Me by Tahereh Mafi | This is the second book in the Shatter Me series.  I really loved Shatter Me and I can't wait to see what is gonna happen in the second book!!

Roar by Cora Carmack | This is a first book in a fantasy series.  It is about a girl who is being groomed to be the perfect queen, but she has a power that noone knows about.

The Library of Fates by Aditi Khorana | I really enjoy reading fantasies in the winter time.  This is about a princess who is suppose to marry the emperor finds herself to be a fugitive.  


Under Rose-Tainted Skies by Louise Gornall | I have also been wanting to read this book for a while.  This is about a boy who stays inside his house and never leaves because it makes him feel safe, until a girl stops by on his doorstep.

This Mortal Coil  by Emily Suvada | This is a first in a series that just recently came out.  It is a sci-fi book about a girl who is a hacker, she recodes people's DNA to make their bodies into any way they want.  This sounds soo interesting! 

There you have it, my January TBR.  Are any of these books on your TBR?  Have you read any of these books?  Let me know in the comments!!  




Post a Comment

© Kendra Loves Books. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.