Thursday, August 10, 2017

In a Dark Dark Wood by Ruth Ware

In a Dark Dark Wood
Ruth Ware
Published August 4th 2015 by Scout Press
Genres:  Adult, Thriller

Summary:

In a dark, dark wood

Nora hasn't seen Clare for ten years. Not since Nora walked out of school one day and never went back.

There was a dark, dark house

Until, out of the blue, an invitation to Clare’s hen do arrives. Is this a chance for Nora to finally put her past behind her?
And in the dark, dark house there was a dark, dark room

But something goes wrong. Very wrong.

And in the dark, dark room....

Some things can’t stay secret for ever.

Add to Goodreads

My Thoughts

Nora gets invited to a hen party or bachlorette party, what we call it in the US.  Her friend that is getting married, she hasn't talked to her in almost 10 years, which is strange why she's inviting her to her hen party.  Nora decides she's going to go the the hen party and she goes with another mutual friend.  The party is in a cabin in the middle of the woods and a murder happens.  That's pretty much all you need to know, since it's a thriller.  I like going into thriller's knowing very minimal, it's more fun that way!  

I really enjoyed the mystery of this book.  I loved trying to figure out who the murderer is.  Although, I liked the mystery of the book, I really didn't like the characters.  The main character Nora was okay, I kinda felt like her character was boring considering the book followed her.  The other character's were catty to each other.  I still think it was strange that Nora was even invited to the hen party in the first place.

I do plan to read more of Ware's books, because I did find the mystery intriguing.  I love a great thriller!!

Rating


Post a Comment

© Kendra Loves Books. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.