Saturday, December 29, 2018

Top 9 for 2019


Hi Everyone!!  Here is a list of the top 9 books I want to read in 2019.  These are not new releases for 2019, but backlisted books I never got around to and really want to make a priority in 2019.  

Here are the books I am definitely going to read in 2019:


The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah | Kristin Hannah is one of my favorite authors of all time.  This book is on alot of people's favorite book list, so why haven't I read it yet!!  I think I keep putting off reading this book, because it's super emotional and I don't know if I have been ready to read it.  This year is the year I am for sure going to read it.  I am ready!!!  This book is an historical fiction set in WWII.  This book is about two sisters and how they survive during the war.  

Before We Were Yours by Lisa Wingate | This is another book that people absolutely love.  This is another historical fiction set in the 1940's.  It is about a woman who is the director of a adoption organization and she kidnaps and sells poor children to wealthy families.  The premise of this book sounds sooo good.  

The Astonishing Color of After  by Emily X. R. Pan | I have heard a lot of great things about this book, both beautiful and unique.  This is a magical realism book about a girl's mother dies and turns into a bird.  I love magical realism, so I am really excited to get to this book!


Salt to the Sea  by Ruta Sepetys |  This book I've heard nothing but great things.  I also heard this was being turned into a movie, so I definitely need to read it before the movie comes out.  This is another historical fiction set in WWII.  It follows three individuals from East Prussia, whose paths converge en route to the ship that promises salvation.  

The Simple Wild by K.A. Tucker | I've read a few of this authors other books and really have enjoyed them.  This book is about a woman that learns that her estranged father who she hasn't spoken to in almost 10 years has cancer. She decides to go to Alaska to spend time with her father before it's too late.

The Great Alone by Kristin Hannah |  Another Kristin Hannah book that I really want to get to and this one is also set in Alaska.  This book is an historical fiction set in the 1970's in Alaska.  It is about a man who served in the Vietnam War and moves his family to Alaska to live off the grid.  Sounds soo intriguing and I can't wait to read it.


Children of Blood and Bone by Tomi Adeyemi | This was a super hyped book of 2018.  It is a YA fantasy inspired by West African mythology.  The book is about a story of rebellion, one that reflects oppression of a marginalized group, and how one girl breaks free from this oppression to create a better life for her people. Sounds soooo brutal and good!

As Bright as Heaven by Susan Meissner |  Another historical fiction but this one is set in 1918 during the Spanish flu epidemic.  We are introduced to the family before the flu hits, we experience the epidemic with them and then discover how life goes on once the flu is gone.  I love reading about medicine or anything science based and this one is right up my alley!

The Kiss of Deception (The Remnant Chronicles #1) by Mary E. Pearson |  This is a bit of an older YA fantasy that is still getting the hype, so I really wanted to check this one out.  It is about a princess who flees on her wedding day and finds herself on the brink of unlocking perilous secrets that may unravel her world and even as she feels herself falling in love.  Sounds like a really good romance fantasy!!

Well there you have it the Top 9 books that I really want to read in 2019.  Are any of these books on your TBR for the year?  Have you read any of these books?  Let me know in the comments!! 


Post a Comment

© Kendra Loves Books. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.