Thursday, April 12, 2018

March 2018 Wrap-Up

I had another AMAZING reading month!!  I read some great books, maybe some of my favorites of the year and I also read some that were really bad.   I read a total of 11 books and DNF'ed 1 book.  

Monthly Stats

The Books

Anatomy of a Scandal  by Sarah Vaughan - I DNF'ed this book because it was really heavy in British law and I have no interest in that at all.

An American Marriage by Tayari Jones - I hated this book!  I thought the relationship between the couple were horrible and super unhealthy.  I did not agree with the marriage at all!!  I also did not like the way the book flowed, it went from past to present alot with out really defining which one you were in.  

Piecing Me Together by Renee Watson - This book is about Jade who learns how to use her voice and follows her dreams.  I loved the friendship and family aspect of this book.  This was a great read with a strong message!

All the Ugly and Wonderful Things by Bryn Greenwood - I don't even know the right word for this book.  This book definitely tops the most taboo book I have ever read!  I honestly think the relationship was needed in this book or I don't think Wavey would of survived.  Wavey came from a horrible family and she befriended Kellen and they develop a relationship.  She meets Kellen when she's eight and he's I believe in his early twenties.  I feel like they had strong and needed relationship.  

The Final Six by Alexandra Monir - This book is about twenty-four teens who are drafted into a space program where the final six will be sent to Europa, Jupiter's moon to make it habitable to start a new colonization.  Earth is going through major natural disasters that are destroying and putting much of the land in water. I really like this book.  It's crazy how realistic this could possibly be in the future.  Our environment being destroyed by climate change.  I loved learning more about Europa and the possibilities that we could maybe someday become habitable.  I also loved reading about the different missions to get them ready to go to Europa.

Scythe (Arc of a Scythe #1) by Neal Shusterman - By the look of the book I really thought that this book wasn't for me and man was I wrong!  I really enjoyed this book a lot!!  This book is about a society were the population is too high and the only way to keep the population down is by having scythes, who kill random people.  The two main characters are chosen to be in the scythe apprenticeship to become a scythe, but only one can be chosen.  I loved the concept of this book and I loved the plot twists!!  I definitely recommend this book and I am looking forward to the second book in the series.  

Bittersweet (True North #1) by Sarina Bowen - This is a second chance romance between farmer Griff and chef Audrey.  Audrey goes to Griff's farm looking to buy fresh produce for her company's restaurants.  Griff was into making cider and I enjoyed reading about that and also loved how Audrey was soo passionate about cooking.  I absolutely loved them as a couple!!  I cannot wait to read the next book in the series!!  

Say You'll Remember Me by Katie McGarry - Drix is committed of a crime he did not commit and he is place in a program called the Second Chance Program which is a new project created by the governor.  When the governor's daughter Elle and Drix meet each other they know their lives are completely different and being together could get messy.  I loved Drix and Elle they are adorable!!  This book did make me cry!!

A Love Letter to Whiskey by Kandi Steiner - This book is about Jamie and B and it follows their lives from high school until they are adults.  In high school Jamie was dating B's best friend and her and Jamie became really close friends, to the point that they knew they like each other more than friends.  But the timing was always off for them to be together.  This is book is super angsty.  I cried like no other in this book!!  LOVED IT!!  

Unbreak My Heart (Fostering Love #1) by Nicole Jacquelyn - Kate and Rachel are best friends and Rachel's husband Shane grew up with Kate.  Shane hates Kate and when Rachel dies unexpectedly, Kate helps care for Rachel and Shane's children.  Shane is a complete asshole to Kate!  There were moments where I literally hated everything to do with Shane but dang this book was soo good!  I love Kate she is the most caring and forgiving person!  I cannot wait to read the next book in the series!!

Paper Princess (The Royals #1) by Erin Watt - First of all let's just say I am now trash for the Royals series!  I freaking loved this book!!  Ella's and her mom both worked at a strip club and her mom ends up dying.  Her biological father's best friend ends up getting custody of Ella.  The Callum Royal is very rich and has five sons.  Ella ends up falling for one of they Royal brothers and the ending had the worst cliffhanger ever!!  I need the second book NOW!!  Loved this book to pieces!!  

It Ends With Us by Colleen Hoover - Lily is starting up her own flower shop business and when she meets Ryle a neurosurgeon her life couldn't get any better.  While she came from a family where her father abused her mother, Lily was determined to never put up with what her mother went through.  While Ryle seems like the perfect man on the outside he definitely is dealing with some demons from his own past.  This book is sooo emotional and definitely packs a punch! I absolutely recommend this book!!! 

What all did you read in March?  Did you have a good month of reading?  Let me know in the comments!!







Post a Comment

© Kendra Loves Books. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.