Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Just Friends by Monica Murphy

Series:  Just Friends #1

Published by:  EM Publishing September 13, 2016

Summary:  It’s the end of summer. Just before I start senior year with my two best friends in the whole world. Dustin and Emily are everything to me. We’ve been inseparable since middle school, and when we’re together, nothing can go wrong.

But things aren’t always what they seem. Em’s turned into a drunken mess who parties too much. Dustin and I have hooked up a few times—and now he’s ready to take our relationship to the next level. Yet I’m not sure I want things to change. I’m scared if I take it any further with Dustin, our friendship will be ruined forever. Then there’s Ryan. The new guy. He’s hot. He flirts way too much. And Em has totally set her sights on him.

So when my best friend betrays me in the worst possible way, guess who’s there to help me pick up the pieces of my broken heart? Ryan. But he’s so confusing. Annoying. Sweet. Sexy. I want to trust him, yet he makes it so hard. What I really want is for everything to go back to the way it was before.

Before I found out that best friends make the worst kind of enemies.

Add to Goodreads



My Thoughts

I received a review copy for an honest review.  I really enjoyed this book.  I thought it was really cute and fun, with lots of drama.  I couldn’t put this book down.

I really like Olivia the main character, throughout the book she has to choose who she wants to be with Dustin her best friend or Ryan the new kid.  I felt like her and Dustin’s relationship started off wrong from the beginning.  They have been best friends since grade school and then they started messing around, which is not a good idea.  Then you throw Em, her best friend into the mix and she ends up sleeping with Dustin, while Olivia is away at her dad’s house.

After I found out what Em did, I did not like her at all.  She was annoying, manipulative and full of drama.  I really didn’t like Dustin after that either.  Even though I truly believe he was sorry, it was still just wrong.

Olivia started hanging out with Ryan more and boy was he super confusing.  He was a big flirt and I couldn’t ever tell if he was seriously into Olivia or not.  But as the book went on they ended up becoming boyfriend and girlfriend, and I really started to like their relationship.  I truly believed towards the end he truly cared about her.

And then the book leaves off in a huge cliff hanger on who she is going to choose Dustin or Ryan…….  I need the next book NOW!!

Rating





Post a Comment

© Kendra Loves Books. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.